Good question - thank you for asking!
Eight weeks after your contract has ended, you will find the deposit reimbursed to your account.
In many cases, it takes even less than eight weeks because we push hard to refund you as fast as possible.
Exemptions are possible if, for example, you initially transacted the deposit to homefully’s rental account instead of the deposit account.
Please consider the following steps upon your move-out to make sure to receive your deposit as fast as possible:
- You filled out and signed the handover protocol and sent it back directly after move-out
- You recorded a video of the room according to the guidelines and sent it directly after move-out
- You left behind all keys you initially received in your room
- You submitted your bank details after your contract termination
- You carefully followed the move-out instructions
Our lovely Support Team will guide you through the steps mentioned above as soon as your move-out comes up.
Please note that the payout of your deposit is linked to internal processes. Since most contracts end at the end of the month, for example, 31.1.2021, we expect 8 weeks from this date. It will not speed up the transaction if you contact our Community Support Team before the 8-week deadline. An earlier payout will not be possible.