Thank you for checking this article and very good questions. Of course, we consider every member very capable of shaping her/his daily life within the Community. We do however have a vision for a peaceful co-living in our Community that you can find below.
- As a Community, we are free to set up our own Co-Living rules. This includes, for example, partitioning of fridge/bathrooms, a cash box for errands, joint brunch every Sunday,... All rules are customizable to our individual needs.
- We occasionally meet for Community evenings, at least when a new flatmate moves in, to stay connected and mutually shape our Co-Living. Here we can have fun and get to know each other better, as well as discuss Community topics.
- Guests are allowed, as long as they stick to our Community Guidelines and House Rules. If a close friend or family member wants to stay overnight, we make sure that every flatmate is okay with it. We also consider a maximum guest stay of 7 days, which is only allowed in exceptional cases.
- We are always considerate towards each other and value the individuality of each flatmate. Sometimes different needs can arise from our uniqueness, which is accepted and welcome.
- Smoldering conflicts take us nowhere, thus we address anything directly and respectfully. It’s in each flatmate's interest to solve disagreements and live in harmony with each other. The golden rule for us is active asking & empathetic listening.
Cleanliness & Hygiene
- Everyone should be equally involved in stocking up on everyday items such as toilet paper, detergents, dishwasher tabs, garbage bags, etc. 🧻
- Recycling is a must! If a flatmate does not adhere to it, talk to them about it. The garbage should be carried out regularly by everyone. ♻️
- Shared spaces such as kitchen and bathroom should always be left tidy and cleaned as soon as possible after every use. Especially surfaces and drains. 🧹
- We want to enjoy our electronic appliances for a long time, so we regularly maintain them. This includes:
- Decalcifying the kettle and coffee machine
- Refilling the iron with water
- Refilling salt and rinse aid in the dishwasher
- Cleaning the dishwasher filter
- Cleaning the washing machines filter after each washing cycle
- Cleaning the vacuum and emptying its dust chamber/exchanging its dust bag.
- Smoking is solely done outside. If we share a balcony, smoking is only allowed there when everyone is ok with it.
Our cleaning service comes bi-weekly to help us with the cleaning. The tidier we keep the flat, the more efficient our cleaner can work.
If we do not want the cleaner to enter a particular room, the room is to be locked, or a special note is to be put on the door. Find more detailed information in the linked section above.
To find out if your door is locked or just closed, the cleaner may knock on your door and check on it.
Self-help & Support
We are encouraged to act autonomously when it comes to small obstacles in our daily life.
Does the washing machine show an error message? Let’s check the manual; it might be easy to solve.
A light bulb is broken? Let’s get a new one from the store and replace it.
In case we get stuck or need help, we can always check the Support Center where FAQs are updated frequently.
If it gets too tricky, we can sign up for the Support Center directly and get in touch with the homefully Community Management Team.