Moving out is a piece of cake, as you basically only need to grab all your belongings and walk out the door. Please make sure to follow the provided guidelines, though, so you do not miss any essential aspects. homefully will provide you with the following guidelines via E-Mail again before your contract end approaches:
- Take all your personal belongings from the room.
- Leave the room vacuumed and wiped and empty the trash.
- Take or dispose of any stored food in the kitchen, as well as toiletries in the bathroom.
- Log out to Netflix & Co. on your Smart TV.
- Close all windows before leaving.
- Take the bed sheets and duvet covers with you. You can alternatively donate them to charity in most homefully cities, or put them in one of the many clothing donation containers around town.
- Wash the blanket, pillow, mattress protector (if provided), and topper cover. Check out here how to do this exactly. If they are heavily stained and do not get clean after washing them, please let our Community Team know via ticket. You will not be charged for a replacement, no worries.
Just before you leave the room finally, the following steps must be considered in any case:
- Make a short video of the final version of your room (especially the bed, mattress, wardrobe, and desk) right before you finally leave the flat. The room should already be free of your personal belongings, and cupboards and drawers need to be opened.
- Put all keys in your nightstand drawer and send us a photo of the keys, if you haven't been advised to drop them off at a KeyNest.
- Fill in the handover protocol that will be provided via E-Mail. Please make sure to attach the video of your room, as well as any photos and description of damages.
Please note: The contract only ends after a proper cancellation. Check out here how it's done. A move-out can take place at any time after cancellation, the lastest though on the last contract day.
If the guidelines are not followed properly, additional cleaning or service might be charged from your deposit. Check out here for more information.