Moving out is a piece of cake, as you basically only need to grab all your belongings and walk out the door. Please make sure to follow the provided guidelines, though, so you do not miss any essential aspects. homefully's Support Team will provide you with the following guidelines via E-Mail again before your contract end approaches:
- Leave the room vacuumed and wiped and empty the trash.
- Take all your personal belongings from the room.
- Take or dispose of any stored food in the kitchen, as well as toiletries in the bathroom.
- Log out to Netflix & Co. on your Smart TV.
- Close all windows before leaving.
- Remove the bed linen from your bed. You can donate old sets of bed linens for good causes in most homefully cities in of the many clothing donation containers around town.
- Check your bed’s inlays (pillow and blanket) and let us know if it is damaged or soiled. You will not be charged for a replacement, no worries.
Just before you leave the room, the following final steps to be considered in any case:
- Make and send a short video of the final version of your room (especially the bed, mattress, wardrobe, and desk). The room should already be free of your personal belongings, and cupboards and drawers need to be opened.
- Put all keys in your nightstand drawer and send us a photo of the keys, if you haven't been advised to drop them off at a KeyNest.
- Fill in the handover certificate that will be provided via E-Mail. For example, sejda.com allows you to sign it online quickly. Also, inform us about broken or missing furniture and add photos of the damage.
Please note: The contract only ends after a proper cancellation. Check out here how it's done. A move-out can take place at any time after cancellation, the lastest though on the last contract day.
If the guidelines are not followed properly, additional cleaning or service might be charged from your deposit. Check out here for more information.