homefully partnered with a smart key exchange service called KeyNest. It’s a pilot project yet, and homefully Support will inform you if your flat is taking part in it.
The smart key exchange makes your move-in even more convenient, as you can pick up the key at any time the KeyNest shop is open (usually 23hrs a day). There’s neither need to hurry to meet someone if your flight is postponed, nor stress with finding an appointment, but maximum security.
The three most crucial points to consider:
- The Timing: Most importantly is to hand back your keys on the last day of your contract at the very latest. Otherwise, the new flatmate arriving the next day cannot move into his new home, and we would need to fine you for it. When picking up keys, you can do it on the day your contract starts at the earliest or any later day. Check out the opening hours of the KeyNest shop provided to you via mail before going there. Most shops are open 23hrs a day.
- The Fob: The small, round tag attached to your keys is called the fob. It stores the code and is needed to return the keys. Always leave the fob attached to your keys and take care not to break or lose it.
- The Code: Your personal pickup/dropoff code comes with an E-Mail from homefully’s Support Team. The code is required to hand over your keys at the KeyNest shop.
How it works for move-ins
- Go to your KeyNest the day your contract starts or any later day.
- Tell the shopkeeper that you want to pick up a key with the code you received from homefully via E-Mail.
- You are handed the keys and are now ready to move into your new flat!
How it works for move-outs
- Go to your KeyNest when you move-out, no later than the last day of your contract.
- Tell the shopkeeper that you want to hand over a key with the code you received from homefully via E-Mail.
- That’s it - you’re good to go now!